25 Maple Avenue
Hastings-on-Hudson NY 10706
- Independent Educational Evaluations
- Are you concerned that your school’s evaluations did not identify all of your child’s weaknesses? Were your child’s school evaluations inadequate or non-existent? We can help you obtain independent evaluations funded by your school district.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Prospective Funding
- Is your child’s district unable to meet her needs within the district? Do you want your district to fund an appropriate program in a non-public school?
- Compensatory or Makeup Services
- Has your child missed too many services in his school? Has your child regressed because his school has not met his needs? You may be entitled to private services funded by his district to make up for this deprivation.
- Bullying and Violence in the schools
- Is your child being bullied in school? Is her school doing nothing about it? School districts have a heightened responsibility toward students with disabilities who are experiencing bullying or violence.
- Due Process Hearings
- Have you hit an impasse with your school? Have you been unable to work with your school to develop a plan to appropriately meet the needs of your child? It may be time to consider an administrative (impartial) hearing.
- 504 Plans
- Does your child have a disability (physical, mental, or emotional impairment)? Does she need certain accommodations from the school to help her access her education? If she is not eligible for an IEP, she may need a 504 Plan.
- CSE Meetings
- Do you feel overwhelmed at IEP meetings? Do you need someone knowledgeable to advocate for your child at these meetings? You may want to consider having an attorney accompany you.
- Do you want to consult with someone knowledgeable to ensure your child is getting everything he is entitled to? Do you want to be better prepared to advocate for your child’s specific needs? Call for a consultation today.